Bedrooms are the most personal and private rooms
in the entire house. One can say that the bedroom decor is the statement
of style and personality of the occupant. Each one of us likes our
bedrooms to be cozy, warm and comfortable. Unlike the living
room decor, bedrooms are not decorated to give a formal look.
It is not for the guests. So there is lot of chance for experimentation
and letting your imagination run wild.
There are different bedroom decoration styles like kid
bedroom decor, master
bedroom decoration and many more. Different bedrooms are decorated
in different styles. Here are some bedroom decor tips and ideas
that can be used to decorate simply any bedroom. These decoration
ideas give a glimpse as how you can redo your entire bedroom and
that too in a budget.
- Paint your bedroom walls in warm and neutral colors. To enhance
the look one can add some texture and depth to the walls with
stenciling, artistic painting or even rubber-stamping. The focus
is to ensure that your wall
colors act as an important part of the room decor.
- Next comes the bed. Cover your bed with cotton sheets having solid colors, prints and patterns. The bed sheet and bedspread are the reflection of your mood. Select your bedspread that complements your bed sheet and wall colors. You can even add some throw in pillows along with the actual ones to give a level of comfort.
- Clutter is one thing that is very easily done and should be avoided at all times. Your bedroom should never have unnecessary stuff like papers, books and other stuff lying around. Keep your bedroom clean and organized. Though it is your personal space there is no need to put everything in your bedroom only.
furnishing is another important part of decor. Selecting
the right bed and furniture can either complement your room
or give it a dull appearance. When ordering the bed keep the
size of the bed in mind. If you are not afraid of experimenting,
do away with the standard chest and drawers and in its place
have a large wardrobe. Keep enough space to move around.
Who says pillows are only to give a snug fit to your head. They are a great way to decorate your bedroom as well. Throw in pillows of different shapes and sizes. Along with the two usual rectangle large pillows, go for some heart shaped and different sized small pillows as well. Adorn them with different laces, weaves and fabrics.
- Lighting is also an important part of the bedroom decor. Select dim lighting for your bedroom. Side table lamps are a good option. Give your bedroom a cozy and comfortable feel. And of course whenever you are in a romantic mood add some candles to get that golden glow.
- Area rugs are also a smart way to personalize your bedroom.
Put your area rugs in a position that a bit of it goes under
the bed. It will add to the depth of your bedroom decor. There
are huge varieties of rugs that are available to select from.
Simply blend it with the rest of the bedroom decorations.
- Photos and paintings are wonderful for adding a personal touch to your bedroom decor. Add family photographs and paintings and give your room your personal touch. Even having fresh flowers on your bedside tables are a nice way to brighten up your room.