Teenagers have a style of their own whether
itís clothes, music, lifestyle or their bedroom decor. They want
a unique identity for themselves and the kid
bedroom decor doesnít suit their needs. As your kid steps into
its teen years, itís time to give his or her bedroom a fresh decor
style. With a variety of options available decorating a teen bedroom
can be fun and full of excitement.
Keeping in mind the changing needs of the young teens of today we bring together some simplified and easy decorating tips for your teenís bedroom. Teen bedroom decor doesnít mean redoing the entire bedroom but giving the right touches at the right place. a change in wall color, a shuffle of furniture, some funky posters and you have a completely new teen bedroom decor. So letís get started with tips and ideas for giving the teen room a complete makeover.
By making some simple modifications one can give a completely new look to the teen bedroom decor.
- Add some funky and cost effective furnishings in your teenís bedroom like a beanbag, funky lamps, and fun colored beddings that can be easily replaced as your kid grows out of it. Try rearranging furniture to give a new look to the teen bedroom decor.
- Giving a fresh coat of wall colors to the teen bedroom and you can change the entire look of the room. Try out different patches of colors to give a large variety to your teen. Remember whatever color you choose from the patch, take a shade or two lighter as the paint will look much darker when the entire room is painted in it.
- Keep in mind that teenagers need both ample storage as well as display place so find place for both of them as much as possible. Include both open/display and hidden, and, above all, make storage easily accessible if you want them to use it. Think shelves, furniture that doubles as storage, maximized closet space and under the bed bins on wheels.
- If your teen is old then you would like to give the room an independent look with a queen size bed, study table and a place to entertain his/her friends.
- Teen bedroom accessories help a teenager relate to its room in a stronger way. Have accessories like collages, bulletin boards, and hand painted light switches and lampshades to give the bedroom a personal touch. If your teen is fond of posters then the wall decor problem is solved, as it will occupy most of the space.
- Teenagerís can be very particular about flooring as well. Instead of spending fortunes on a new flooring go for throw rugs to get the desired look. They are not only inexpensive and easy to change but also give a vibrant look to the bedroom.
- Windows are another part of the teen bedroom decor that goes through various stages of experimentation. Some teens would like stain glass on their windows while others would like to paint it in vibrating colors. But the best option among all of them is to go for attractive curtains. Blinds are also a good option to go for and give the needed privacy.