| Dreamhomedecors > Handy Tips > Household Tips
Letís make life simpler with these everyday household tips. Most of us must have read some of these household tips somewhere or other or simply known them for years. Yet it is a guarantee that each one of us is going to benefit from these household tips one way or the other. These household tips make us realize that for most of the household problems the solution lies within the home itself.
Whether it is household remedy for common cold, hiccup or pimples there are small things around us that can do the trick. So whenever there is an emergency situation at home, no need to rush to the market, find everything you need in the house itself.
Read through these great household tips and make your life simpler and more organized. These tips and remedies range from kitchen tips to cleaning hints and tips.
- To cure headaches cut a lime in two halves and then rub one of the halves over the forehead and on the temples for immediate relief.
- Say goodbye to hangovers. Drink a glass of milk before you go for the drink party and also take one more glass of milk before you retire for bed. Another useful tip is to eat something before you go for that drink.
- Get rid of mosquitoes by putting baby oil on yourself. Mosquitoes simply hate baby oil and stay away from it.
- If you are facing the problem of stomach cramps or stomach aches then have a banana. You will get relief from the pain in just ten minutes.
- For cleaning glass use white vinegar and water and find your glasses sparkling clean.
- Got burned food stuck to the bottom of your pan? Simply apply ammonia and fill the pan with water and then boil for some time. It will soften the stuck materials and then you can easily clean them.
- Got rude sunburn? Simply add a large jar of Nestea into your bath water and see the magic.
- If you have burnt your tongue accidentally then for immediate relief put sugar on it.
- To get relief from sore throat mix ľ cup of vinegar with ľ cup of honey and take 1 tablespoon around six times a day. You will be fine in just no time.
- To prevent the screws of your eyeglasses from loosening, put a small drop of Maybelline transparent nail polish to the screw and then tighten them.
- To make sure that your white shoe polish doesnít smear, spray the shoe with hair spray after it dries.
- Save your copper and stainless steel pots and pans and use the Chinese wooden paddles and spoons available. No more scratch problems.
- To keep your fridge smelling fresh for a longer time, keep a box of baking soda or a can filled with charcoal or even dried coffee grounds.
- To make your candles last longer with fewer drips, keep your candles in the refrigerator for some hours and then light them.
- To stop ice cream drips put a miniature marshmallow at the bottom of the cone.
- Stop your potatoes from budding by putting an apple in the bag along with the potatoes.
- To avoid eggshells from cracking, add a pinch of salt to the water before hard-boiling the eggs.
- To avoid stains on your Tupperware utensils coat with non-stick cooking spray.
- To remove chewing gum, put some ice cubes in a plastic bag and then place it on the chewing gum to harden it. Once it hardens, slowly scrape the gum off.
- One useful household tip for washing windows is to clean the windows from outside in vertical strokes and from inside in horizontal strokes. This way you will never miss out a spot. Also use vinegar to clean the windows from the outside. It will sparkle like new.
- Fill your room with a lovely scent by simply spraying perfume on the light bulb. The fragrance will spread to every corner of the room when the light is turned on.
- Clean your artificial flowers by putting some salt into a paper bag and then put the flowers. Now shake the bag vigorously as the salt will absorb all the dust and dirt and make your artificial flowers look like new.
- To clean mirrors use air fresheners. They will not only leave your mirrors looking completely new but also leave a pleasant smell behind.