| Dream Home Decors > Wall Colors >Interior Wall Colors
Interior Wall Colors
Interior wall colors is not just about red, green or yellow. It is a sophisticated world of different hues giving an individual personality to every room. Wall colors influence the mood, style and appearance of your house. There are interior colors that are romantic, and there are colors that can actually doze you off. So a white ceiling and simple colors is no longer what we are looking for. Instead here we will be talking about wall colors that speak and give a mood to your house. So letís get started and paint our homes with color schemes that take your breathe away.
When we think of painting the interiors the first thing most of us do is to rush to the paint shop and look out for the latest shades to hit the market. There is hardly any thought whether those would look good in your house or not. The other common mistake is to paint the rooms with your favorite colors whether suitable or not for a specific room. But the most important thing to do is to stare at your room and then at the shade card. Before selecting any one color keep in mind the utility of the room, the light it receives during the day, any architectural highlights or flaws, and whether the room is big or small. Each of these factors play an important role in the color selection.
These are basically one color with different shades and hues ranging from light to dark. If you are picking up wall color from this family then you are looking for a harmonious flow in your interiors. These type of wall colors look very well in living room, dining room, study room and guest room. It gives a formal and sophisticated feel to your interiors.
For this you would require a shade card or color card. The colors that are just adjacent to each other are known as analogous colors. Picking up colors from this family gives you a scope of highlighting and experimentation. You can get great highlights if you go for this combination. Highlighting goes especially well if you have a large room. Nice way to give your living room a personality.
These are interior wall colors that are just opposite to each other on the shade card. These wall colors give you the accent walls and highlights for rooms. But while selecting these colors be a bit careful so that it doesnít get too clashing.
If you are fond of faux finishing or other types of decorative techniques then limit yourself to accent walls or may be a single wall. If you paint all interior walls with this technique then the effect will not come out nicely. Also faux finishing doesnít look too grand on large rooms so use moderately.
- Always paint a small patch in the desired color when going for interior walls. Study the effect of the colors in different times in the day. Lighting plays a major role in the visual feel of each wall color.
- Go room by room and avoid painting all the rooms together. This way you will never to come to know the flow of colors throughout the house and the altogether feel it is going to give.
- While selecting an interior wall color keep in mind the accessories of the room. You donít want to redo your complete interior decor right?
- Primary high contrast colors go well for children and elders room. These colors define space and items to the fullest.
- For a more sophisticated look or a high-end look go for rich chocolate or copper-orange colors.
- Ethnic buyers prefer interior wall colors like the red, orange and yellows.
So no matter whatís your style there is colors that are just right for you. Select from a range of wall colors and spread the hue magic.